Braylee Toq
map-marker Manteo, North Carolina

Unethical practices

This company charged my credit card before I even agreed to have work done. They said I needed to provide one to get an examination the following week.

DO NOT GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD OR MONEY until you have work done on your teeth. Also, they lie about their services and costs. The dentist saw me and didn't even realize I had an infection in 2 of my teeth. I went to a REAL dentist the next day because of pain and was told not to let these people touch my teeth.

These are untrained corporate sweat shop dentist with little to no knowledge of dentistry and prey on people. Thank God Chase got my money back they charged of $ 1,000.00.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away and go to a real reputable dentist.

Guest

I have been reading the Clear Choice reviews and would have felt better if I had been among the few patients who had been misled by their commercials - but that isn't the case. It's a shame that they are allowed to continue wreaking havoc with peoples lives year after year.

I began treatment at the office in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2017 and was lied to about the entire cost - but didn't realize it until they asked for more money.

And the office staff were just wonderful right up until I had a disagreement with one of them. I can only say that I agree with the dentist who said don't let them do anything to your teeth - I have recently found out that the work they do is so invasive that your options are limited as to having another dentist do implant work on your mouth.

Yong M Sfa

| map-marker Alpharetta, Georgia

Be aware

I had four consultations and I selected Clear Choice.

1) Pro: The entire staff projected a friendly atmosphere.

Con: What was discussed at the consultation was different than what I experienced.

A) It hurts after surgery. I was given the impression pain will be minimal.

B) They will correct any problems with their denture that was made improperly.

False.

> The denture was never fixed even though I complained multiple times. I felt I was tortured while they were pretending to do modifications that never were fixed.

>The denture causes me to frequent bite my cheeks.

>The Denture is not functional for chewing food. An example of what it is like; you are trying to chew your food when your gum hurts. You chew food very carefully.

You feel pressure on your implant while chewing. You're afraid you might damage your gum while chewing. Your denture constantly feels loose while you're chewing. The food gets jammed in between your gum and denture and it is very uncomfortable.

Your taste of food is reduced and you don't enjoy eating as much.

C) They say they will give you a document so that you can submit it to your insurance. Clear Choice does not accept insurance. You must pay for the entire process in advance. The implant and denture cost is at most $55,000.00 The finance option they provide is around $2.50 for every dollar.

No bank will give you a loan for medical procedures. Once you submit an insurance claim, you are lucky if you get reimbursed $1,000.00. It takes more than 6 months to be reimbursed.

D) No more gum disease after implant. False.

Their Doctor tells you differently.

E) The denture will last a lifetime if you get it cleaned once a year. False. The doctor and her assistant tell you, you need to clean twice a year. Each cleaning costs $350.00.

2) After Consultation

>Once you paid in full, they want you to sign a liability document.

Right before you are put to sleep for surgery, the surgeon makes you sign the same document again.

3) After Surgery

> You will have many appointments to get your temporary denture. Again, my denture was never right. You get what they want you to have. That was my experience.

>Final denture is a little better, but I have the same problems as I have mentioned above.

If you are reading this review, I hope you have a better experience than I did.

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have chosen ClearChoice. It was a very expensive mistake.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: I don't recommend it

Brock L Oee

The Clear Choice crooks screwed me over too !!!! Read my review hear. Can't taste food now that I have my permanents installed

I absolutely agree

View more comments (1)
Robert S Hha
map-marker Elgin, Illinois

Front tooth has broken off X3 and even though they are nationwide. Boy if you move , the local office is very difficult to work with.

Clear Choice - Front tooth has broken off X3 and even though they are nationwide. Boy if...

Had implants in 2013 Dallas/Ft Lauderdale. Moved for work.

Wow Chicago difficult. Have front tooth that has broken off X 3. And they wont even return calls. Not local

Office.

Not national contact us line. I am professional whom teaches and lectures and I do it with huge hole I front of mouth. They could care less. I stuck.

Dont know what to do. And paid $44,000.00 for this and here I am looking horrible.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: They don’t last. And they don’t stand behind their work

Myka S

Oh they make it impossible to transfer clinics!!

Guest

No corporate chain clinic wants to clean up another corporate chain clinic's mess for free.

Robert S Hha
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2244226

The get benefits for using the corporate / franchise name. It’s usually in contract.

Guest

I am in the same boat as the pissed consumer, my front tooth is chipping away afraid to chew anything that is hard or abrasive scared to eat anything. For my $5000.00 teeth, can not find any clear choice office that will fix it ( not there problem they say).

This company is making money hand over fist from people who may have spent money they had to borrow and this is what will happen to others that trust this company. I had both top and bottom full implants done and was told they would last a life time, I had them done in 2010 now I have no idea what to do cause I can not afford to do it again even if I found a clear choice office that would help me.

View more comments (3)
map-marker Johnson City, Tennessee

Use to have auto pay now you are turning off my subscription ever month could you start emailing me my bill before due

Turning off subscription each month could you start billing me before it is due use to do auto pay ever month

Verdella Wzy

| map-marker Kansas City, Missouri

AWFUL Experience

My brother went to Clear Choice 3 years ago and still does not have a set of teeth that are correct. So for they have broke out and removed posts, made several sets of teeth that do not align correctly and have charged him several thousand dollars.

He's constantly having infections now and is stuck with his decision of using their services. NOT a happy customer!!!

User's recommendation: Get other opinions from other providers

Verified Reviewer

Not what was promised ! Think I am screwed !

Clear Choice - Not what was promised ! Think I am screwed !

I had a full extraction of my upper & lower teeth, 08.2021 and currently now have my 1st set of temporaries. My 5th appointment is 05.18.2022.

Everyone at their office was very nice during my consolation. Sadly I caved in and paid the entire amount (52K) to get scheduled for surgery. I was desperate, because a week before my upper 6 tooth bridge popped out. At the beginning of my surgery, their level of professionalism protocol was terrible !

As I was getting the IV and other prep, all the 3 techs constantly talked about was what they did over the weekend like, I was not even there ! I woke up 1/2 way thru, and tried to tell them something was wrong, the Dr. told me to shut up, they would be finished shortly. Well, the IV had come out and completely soaked my shirt.

After my temporaries were installed, the tech said "your done" and walked out of the room. No handing me a mirror to look at my new 52K smile, now I know why. My uppers are bucked out an inch, plus jacked to the left an inch. My whole face has changed!

I have talked to the manager and many others, no one will even acknowledge that I have a problem.

My problem is, this is not what I paid for!!!

Granted the procedure is not complete, they say it will be fixed. Wish I had read the reviews !!!

Pros:
  • Some of the staff were nice
Cons:
  • Managers are impossible to reach when you have a problem

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Stay away !

Guest

Wow, the middle of your upper teeth is off quite a bit from the center of your face! Should have had independent surgeon and prosthodontist do it instead of a sleazy corporate clinic.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2244227

Now you yell me ! I didn't do near enough research !

Still kicking myself for that decision. And that was over a year ago !! Just got my permanent teeth a week ago. They look really good, but it took those clowns at CC 13 months from start to finish totally unacceptable !!

I EMed lawyers and local TV stations and have traded EM's with several of them. I'm NOT giving up ! And plus , CC told me the full Processes was 3 - 4 months, my main beef w/ them is I HAD TO ENDURE my temporaries that seriously effed up (bucked out, jacked sideways and miss aligned) the whole time. I will update more later.

Ya'll got any more advice - ideas ? - Cheers Mr Jefferson

reply icon Replying to comment of Brock L Oee

Update>>>> had my permanent teeth in for a couple months now and they are straight + even. But My BIG PROBLEM now is my taste is down 70%, the whole eating experience is terrible !!!!

I wrote a full page review on my feedback request, on their WS. Cheers

View more comments (2)
Michael V Jia

| map-marker Overland Park, Kansas

Very bad consultation

I was waiting in the lobby for 25 minutes and there was only one other person. She called me back and did a scan.

Then she put me in an office and said the doctor would be right in. A half hour later I left. I could only find the receptionist. I told to call me to discuss.

After a few words about my visit. Nothing confrontational. She told me to find someone else for treatment.

Unbelievable. Not anything close to patient care Very poor business practices in only my opinion.

Cons:
  • Very rude

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

Totally agree… lucky for you they told you to hit the bricks BEFORE robbing you like they do everyone else!! These robbers steal too much money to care what anyone thinks. It’s really sad!

Myka S

Be glad she told you to find someone else! They told me after they took my $20,000 that they have my money now and don’t have to do anything and hung up on me. I had to Get an attorney to even get the job finished and it’s STILL not 6 mo later I still have to have the surgery all over again because they gave me a bad retainer that broke my implant screw and almost knocked a permanent tooth out!!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Myka S

The Clear Choice in Atlanta is just as BAD!! $27,00 and STILL wearing replaced TEMPOARY teeth!!!!

I want to SUE the whole lot of them.

I am a 72 year senior citizen and I believe they scammed me. NO TEETH and a BIG CREDIT card bill that has ruined my credit history!!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2441242

They’re clearly the WRONG choice and clearly crooks! My attorney told me to file a peer review with the dental board and I could get my money back bc $20k isn’t enough for that attorney to take it to court… when clear choice found out about that that started wanting to work it out. Go figure!!

View more comments (3)
Robert W Owe

Pissed off

charged 1000 said i would be refunded over a month still no money now i have to go after the crooks watch yourself schaumburg clear choice should say clear scam

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: scammers only want your money

map-marker Somerset, Kentucky

What's the price dose medicated cover the charge

I need to know if medicated covers the cost or dose it have to be straight cash .can your teeth already be pull out ?

User's recommendation: Make planes to go

Nicole F Tyc

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Another "pissed off and disappointed" patient

Updated by user Jul 03, 2022

A couple months after the last "repair" was done that cost me $375.00, I'm on my back for the same exact thing. When that repair was done, I told the dental technician that something was not right.

She insisted that it was fine, took my payment, and sent me on my way. Since then, I have been afraid to chew on that side of my mouth.

I have to check to my sure it hasn't broke off, so that I don't swallow it. It has gotten so bad, that I had to make another appointment, at which time I was informed that there will be yet another $375 charge - at least.

Original review May 29, 2022
As like so many other patients, I too was extremely disappointed. To make a long story short, I received both upper and lower implants.

From the very beginning I had problems. Within 1 month, my upper molar section had broken. Then my lower broke off as well. It was a good thing I was awake when this happened because had I've been sleeping I would have swallowed the piece.

After which, the right side both upper and lower also broke at different times. Within the last 3 months, 6 of my front upper teeth broke off and one jagged piece. They were not able to see me until the following week. My tongue and inside my mouth was cut up beyond belief.

Each time I went back I was told that the reason why this was happening was because I need it my permanent set to go in. I initially took out a second mortgage for $37,500 dollars, of which I am still paying. They initially told me that I needed to come up with the additional $6, 000 to have the permanent teeth done. When I went back last month after the initial six front teeth breaking, the right upper side broke again, only this time I was told that because there was a price increase, my new price was $18,600.

Each time I go back I have to pay to have the appliance repaired. On my last trip back, I told them that there was something wrong and that the molars did not feel right. I cannot chew or touch the entire right side of my mouth. I have exposed posts and a cracked upper molar (the one that was just repaired), and to floss that side of my mouth is so unbearably painful.

It's gotten to the point where I don't know what to do so I just live with it. I do know that taking out another loan for $20,000 for the permanent appliance is just not an option.

Especially when I'm told that after all of that it's only warrantied for 5 years. I understand that these were temporary teeth made out of a different material, but $37,500 should have gotten me a better product.

Guest

Same thing happened to me… I told her the retainer didn’t feel right and she got super upset with me, I closed my mouth and the tooth attached to the retainer was too long and knocked one of my real teeth loose … I called to tell them about it and that same tech took the phone and SCREAMED AT ME and hung up on me. I had to go there and get an attorney and it was STILL fighting to get my job finished!!

Guest

Was considering Clear Choice for my dental implants. Glad I read the customer reviews. I plan to look elsewhere!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2238167

Good for you!!

View more comments (2)
map-marker Pharr, Texas

When I try to purchase channels, I get a “out of stock” reply

Im trying to renew my monthly subscription and I get an out of stock reply. Help help help help help help

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

This company is alllll LIES

I went in for a consultation on April 28 at the Jacksonville FL site and decided that due to the same facility, same day you get teeth (temporary ones) I paid them $18k in cash and went back May 5 for the surgery. The manager, Shawn, assured my husband Id be leaving with teeth from surgery.

I go in for surgery and find out thats all lies and misadvertising and now Im being told itll actually be a total of FOUR MONTHS Im expected to have these gaping holes in my mouth. I live 2.5 hours from Jacksonville and could have stayed in Savannah where I live and got the same treatment, maybe quicker.

Besides this ridiculous bunch of lies on the website and from the manager in Jacksonville Ive been in excruciating pain and made several calls and never ever have I not had to call back many times to even get anyone to do anything they say they will do on the first call. Its UNBELIEVABLE!! Im an RN and I would absolutely NEVER be allowed to behave like they do in this facility.

Blatant lies and simply DO NOT CARE if youre happy or comfortable or basically even exist. I feel like nothing but an extreme nuisance just for expecting the truth and certain services for the EIGHTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS CASH I just gave these people. Im very very disappointed in this whole endeavor and Im uncomfortable and have gaping empty spots in my mouth. I feel like Ive been robbed.

ALSO, their dental assistant screamed at me and told me I have no choices but to let them do what they want and put me off because Ive already paid them and hung up on me. Do you want to be treated like that??

Im in the midst of attempting to transfer to a location in GA just to get my procedure finished. Dont make this mistake!!

Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: BEWARE LIES

Resolved
Donda G

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Pulling the wool over all hard working folks

Updated by user Apr 13, 2022

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund. I received a refund from Care a credit and Proceed Finace.

Original review Mar 12, 2022
I met my.daughter who lives in Baton Rouge, La and I live in Mississippi in the Clear Choice office in Metairie, La,
That just opened in November last year. We were there for 5 hours and the free consultation was not even complete.
Which the said would take and hour or two at most.

Dont believe it. She is supposed to return on Monday March 14
To finish. The whole experience was mind numbing. The person speaking to us about the whole process travels from one office to another talking and making you believe this will be the only choice for any person in the whole United States.

She said they try to con everyone and I promise you she was a pro for real. Actually when we left after nearly 5 hours and actually
Was told it would be another 1to 2 hours to complete the rest of the consultation. We had to leave for my daughter per to pick up her daughter. They lady doing X-rays, more than seemed necessary, we were almost brainwashed.

We sat and talked for a few minutes in the parking garage and we knew that we had been had. At first she said 36000 To 58000. I filled out an application just to see if i could even help. Care Credit upped my Charging Power to 15000.

And the place that they wanted and pushed for approved me for 24500. The bomb dropped. My daughter with 10 teeth maybe, with no bone grafting needed because she still had enough jaw bones to work with, gave us a ridiculous price of 53000.00 for the whole mouth. The scared me and my daughter to death.

She was crying about infection, bone loss and I being her mom did I wanted to do something to try to help. I was so frantic for her. But my brain was not working because the traveling sales person talked forever and never really gave us a chance to ask any real questions. Since I could only 36000.00 (exorbitant) and the healing Implants were only warranted for 1 year 8 months after the procedure.

Hoping I could pay down enough to help her finish, and most people cannot, the hook was set. My daughter and I talked and deciding not to do this without looking at all of our options. This was on Wednesday,
March 9th, 2022 and without starting the procedure or finishing the consultation. Clear Choice has already
drawn Care Credit and the other place full amount from both places.

I emailed and called both on Thursday and by Friday morning the money was drawn. I am pretty sure that the hard sell tactics, and drawing all available funds, before completing consultation and answering any questions from us is illegal.
If they touch one Penny as payment, I know I can find attorneys to help me sue their pants off. They talk long and gloss over many things. This is how they get innocent people to buy in.

Bad reviews and bad business. There was no work started.

Or no date set for the procedure to be done, supposedly 1 to 3 hours tops, which is impossible if consultation to nearly 7 hours after her next appointment to complete the application/ consultation.
They get you in a trap to get to the healing implants in and never have to waste their time on finished product.
They make so much money doing this. It is sad.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t believe what you are told and make sure that the consultation does not take up 7 hours to complete. That’s fishy business

Donda G

More on Clear Choice Bad Business and misleading of patients that have not got a clue what a No Obligation Free Consultation entails. This is how my daughter, the patient, and myself are.

We had just started our search to find out what options are out there, and the cost would be, so we could make a clear decision on which option we will choose. The paperwork was misleading the consultant was a very arrogant, snobby person. All we wanted and she was made aware of was the consultation and pricing. What we thought we were doing was making sure that I could even be approved for any kind of financing through Care Credit, which I used many years ago when I had to have my teeth extracted and dentures.

The did not request the money before the procedure was started. She just hurriedly pushed her way through the approval process having me sign, what I was told she was having me sign, just a pre-approval process, so that we knew what we could get. We had not even finished discussing all of steps that would be taken, or had a Restorative Dentist speak with us or read the X-rays. We were not well informed enough to make a decision on if we would use them at all.

The Steps for the No Obligation Free Consultation had not all been taken. She was a sneaky person wanting to mislead and push this without my full knowledge of everything. I copied and pasted a few paragraphs from their website This is Number 1 of two so far I got right from Clear Choice Implant Centers website. ClearChoice network doctor will evaluate you during your free consultation so we can provide an exact cost.

There are several third- party financing options available. The best way to find the one that works for you is to attend a no-obligation consultation, where we can discuss your budget considerations, based on your individual treatment plan. This is number 2 of what I wanted to share from their site MENU Step 1 Meet Your Implant Team You will meet with your ClearChoice team who will walk you through the process. If you decide ClearChoice is right for you, they will remain a familiar face throtghout.

You will also meet with a restorative dentist who will explain the dental implant process and answer any questions you may have. THIS STEP WAS NOT THE FIRST STEP THEY TOOK. IN FACT WE DID NOT MEET OUR WHOLE TEAM BECAUSE EVERYONE FROM OUR TEAM WAS IN A VERY LONG SURGERY. We left there after 4 hours and had return to finish up with the First Step because we were not given all the information promised.

Clear Choice Patient Education Consultant stole from me and I mean i am not able to go to another dental implant dentist until o get some resolution of fraud she committed not explaining herself to us where we could understand what was happening. This is outrageous. And not and transparency was used by her.

Everything she did was wrong and unprofessional. She wanted her paycheck that day and we looked exactly like the patsy’s she has been waiting for, unknowingly to us, to pounce on and destroy.

Pamela M Xbw
map-marker Naugatuck, Connecticut

After harassing me, I went ahead 9 teeth fell out and finalSet is a big mess

Clear Choice - After harassing me, I went ahead 9 teeth fell out and finalSet is a big...

I went to my appt and told them theyre not for me. They called back and I went in to hear that they lied to get me there I then walked out again, this happened 2 more times they lied telling me I could get 2 bridges then said no.

I listened to them because they told me my teeth were gonna fall out if I didnt do it so I did. 9 teeth fell out before my final set, I was told the final set gets sent to a lab, THATS A LIE, they do it right there with same materials and charge everyone 6 ooo for the lab. I got my final set and there is a space on bothe sides of lower bottoms the top is missing 1/2 of the molars on inner mouth. The middle space is so off.

And the plastic thats suppose to be very smal is literally no different than false teeth that are screwed in. I was harassed from the start, lost 9 teeth, they charged me 6,000 for final set that was made on premises and there all very messed up.

User's recommendation: Stay away there con artists, please trust me

nonsense what she said.

map-marker Picayune, Mississippi

Continue where I left off from Original

Clear Choice - Continue where I left off from Original
Clear Choice - Continue where I left off from Original - Image 2
Clear Choice - Continue where I left off from Original - Image 3

These people at Clear Choice work on the patients emotions. They are clearly trying to scam middle class and many other.

There starting cost is $36,000.00 to $58,000.00 or that is what they told me and my daughter. When the 3D Imaging was completed and sent to the consultants office monitor, it had only been like 3 to 4 minutes. The consultant pulls it up and makes sure you see all the bone loss and all the broken or missing teeth. When a doctor does not show, she says although she is not supposed to read X-rays she is a going to for us.

She shows us bone loss and infection in my daughters x-rays.

She makes it seem like it has to be done asap or you are at risk of death. It is a horrible experience and I recommend no one should take the chance on this unless you have the means to pay up front.

User's recommendation: Do not use Clear Choice Dental Implant Centers